Bodacious Blooms With Beth
More Details about your hosts and the location are HERE.
When and Where
Let's Paint Blooms Together at Brilliant Dahlia Flower Farm in Beautiful Rehoboth, MA
August 13 or August 20 (You will choose which date you want to attend when you register)
9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
"I can't wait to paint among the flowers with you! This isn't just another painting class. It's a positive, uplifting, painting experience. We will spend a morning outdoors painting abstract florals using freshly picked blooms from the farm as our inspiration. As an artist who came to painting late in life, I will mix traditional painting instruction and practical tips with just plain fun "hacks" that will delight new and experienced painters alike. My special focus will be my unique layering, brushwork, and mark-making techniques that promote a value for process over particular project outcomes. I am the consummate cheerleader for other creatives. The objective of the workshop will be to emerge with a completed or nearly completed (depending on the pace of the individual artists) lushly layered abstract floral, but the goaI is to have you leave with a big smile and a full heart. While we paint, in addition to providing the gorgeous setting, Sharon will share flowers, stories, and information about her farm, along with coffee and refreshing infused water for our breaks. Each painter will receive a few fresh blooms to use as their personal inspiration- yours to treasure when you leave the workshop!" ~Beth
- Students purchase and bring their own supplies. Optional supply kits are offered at check out for those who would prefer not to do the shopping.
- Please visit this link for the supply list (it includes required and optional/recommended items). Many artists may have these items or similar on hand and should feel free to substitute with what you have! The linked list provides specific recommendations including all the colors and products I will mention and demonstrate, should you want to expand your options but many of them are "extras" so do not feel obligated to purchase them to be successful. The specifically sized and grade of canvas, specifically branded gesso, and some combination of acrylic paints, paint pens, and brushes, plus something on which and with which to mix your paints are the absolute basics you will need to be successful in this workshop. Feel free to otherwise substitute or edit the list.
- Please feel free to contact Beth should you have questions about products or substitutions as you gather your supplies. Beth will be providing some optional household materials to students who would like to incorporate other interesting techniques in their florals.
You will also want to bring: paper towels or paint rags, an apron or other covering (or wear clothes you don't mind getting paint on), any personal snacks or beverages you'd like to have while you paint (we will be providing coffee and water for you at the workshop).
We will provide the aforementioned coffee and water, some household items for interesting techniques for your use during the workshop, and (to be returned at the end): easels and water vessels for the painting process. The easels are tabletop easels. If you have a preference for sitting or standing while you paint please indicate it in the payment process.
Important notes about intellectual property
- Photos of the farm and the workshop and artist are permitted and encouraged! And of course, we would love to see you share them and tag us in the photos on social media @bethcanpaint #bethcanpaint #bodaciousbloomswithbeth @brilliantdahiliaflower #brilliantdahliaff #brilliantdahliaflower
- BUT NO FILMING OR VIDEO OF THE WORKSHOP IS PERMITTED. Class instructions are the property of the instructor and may not be shared, distributed, duplicated, or demonstrated in person, online, or in any other format, for or without compensation. All class descriptions, information, and instruction are copyrighted to the instructor.
Because we are microbusinesses and this type of event requires significant prior planning, cancellations have a significant impact on the farm, the instructor, and other students. Therefore, registrations are NONREFUNDABLE. However, they ARE transferrable to another painter. Should you need to cancel you may substitute a friend or other painter in your place simply by notifying us in writing (by email is fine) of who you are sending in your place. If you need to cancel please notify us right away as in the event the class is fully booked and we have a waiting list we can pull from, we will gladly refund your registration fee if we are able to reach full capacity.
Should we need to cancel due to an inability to register a minimum number of painters on each date, we will refund your registration fees in full.